July 1, 2009

Summertime in Wisconsin

I take awesome naps!

Hi everybody, my foster dad's at work today and left his laptop home so I'm doing the blogging, even without thumbs.

I got to chase some sheep! Sheep are cool, and ran really fast when I barked. I don't actually bark that much, but felt inclined to because of how exciting it all was. The sheep didn't bark, though, maybe they weren't having as much fun.

Then after my foster dad got me back on the leash we worked and worked at some basic commands that I didn't have because I don't ever remember going to obedience school. I guess you could say I'm homeschooled. I do really good at 'woah doggie' and 'heel', but I'm still working on 'sit'. 'Come' just isn't clicking for me yet, but I took notes. Geez I sure understand 'sit' though, when there's a treat, or when I hear the spatula scrape an almost-empty pan in the kitchen.

I have two other dogs in my foster house. One's a Yellow Lab named Cheddar, the other's a Lab/pointer mix named Brie (get it, cheese names because we're in Wisconsin? I'm smart, too).

I get a little confused sometimes and think that I'm the center of attention no matter what, and I get a little hissy when somebody else gets my attention. If you adopt me (please o please o please), maybe I might do better if you don't have another dog. I'm kind of the most important thing in the universe.

OHHHHH I love to snuggle! I could snuggle for hours & hours! I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night with my pillow thrashing around trying to catch its breath, then it tells me to quit snuggling so close and goes back to sleep. I'm really well behaved on the furniture (my foster dad lets me sleep on the bed and nap on the chairs because he loves me soooooo much!). When my dad's not home he lets me have my very own crate, and I love it, but I go freakin' ape when I hear his car or motorcycle pull into the driveway because I can run up and start snuggling again!

Foster dad gets a little twitchy in the back yard because I like to see what's under the grass, but he knows that the whole stupid backyard's a write-off anyway, and will need professional help to ever turn back into a proper lawn, so he kind of lets my little digging mistakes slip by. It's not like it's bad enough that he has to call Digger's Hotline, though.

I've learned that the best chance of getting to stay in foster dad's chair for the whole time we're watching TV (snuggling!) is if I hold still and quit thrashing around for the very most comfortable position. If I get too active on the couch, he sets me up leaning on my back like he does, I get my own little bowl of popcorn, and then everything's fine. We usually fall asleep about the same part of the movie/episode, and both wake up when the closing credits are rolling.

I've SO never had an accident in the house, not even once. One time foster dad didn't close my crate door just right and I had the whole house to myself for, like, 8 hours and I didn't have any accidents, didn't steal anything off the countertops, and didn't do anything to his house. He was sooooooo happy that I got a whole slice of bacon and a tummyrub.

WOOO WOOO WOOO! WOO WOO WOOOOO! (I do that when I hear foster dad get home), he's home, he's home! I need to go now so I can snuggle and see what's in the red envelope for snuggle time later tonight.

I'd LOVE to come and meet you if you're looking for just the best dog ever! It never hurts to look and I know you'd like me. Please call my foster dad? You'd like him too, but not as much as me, because I'm the most important!

Kisses & snuggles,
Shirley

0 comments: